April 1, 2013

Tom Ford Beauty

Last weekend, a stylist and friend at Neiman Marcus arranged a lunch at the Zodiac room accompanied with an in-depth introduction to Tom Ford beauty. The presentation was very thorough with two live makeovers. The most important fact that stuck with me was Tom Ford actually went to school for architecture which explains his emphasis on symmetry and contouring in his products. You can also see Tom Ford's background in design reflected in the beautiful packaging; retro-inspired by the 1930's and 1970's.

We were first introduced to the fragrances. Most of them are gender neutral which could justify the price as it is pretty high. I did like most of the scents we sampled - they ranged anywhere from leather to wood to tobacco. They will also debuting new scents soon so be sure to check those out.


The skincare line was very basic which could be a hit or a miss. There was only one face wash which tones, purifies, and cleanses in one. My only concern would be the lack of variety as one type of face wash won't necessarily work for people with sensitive or acne-prone skin.


The next few products in the skincare line were the moisturizers. I was very impressive with how lightweight they were and how well they absorbed in my skin when testing it out. The eye cream and primer were also hydrating and soothing to the skin. The only caveat with the moisturizers is that they don't include SPF.


Some of the other products I wanted to try for myself were the hydrating lipsticks, highly pigmented gel liner, and the bronzing powder. All in all, I did like the idea behind this beauty line, but it is pricey. They are definitely investment pieces. I'd love to hear if you've tried any products from this line.

No comments:

Post a Comment