April 18, 2013

Review: Maybelline's Falsies and Mega Plush Lash mascaras

Oh my goodness! I can't remember when I started writing this post but I know it was at least March or earlier. Overdue much? I had mentioned my two mascara purchases a while back and never got around to reviewing them because I kept forgetting to take a picture of my results. Well I've finally gotten around to it and I'm not even sure if it was worth the wait (if you were waiting. that is!).


Now, let me preface this post by saying I don't have very full lashes to begin with; they are long but sort of sparse and difficult to curl. Here is a picture of my lashes without any mascara.

The first mascara I tried was Maybelline's Mega Plush Lash, a part of the Volume Express line. The purpose of this gel-mousse formula is to provide supple volume to lashes. While the formula made the application simple, it was too thin and the wand seemed very flimsy. I applied one coat in the picture below and the results weren't significant. Overall, not a bad product, but you could find better drugstore mascaras.



The second mascara I tried was the Maybelline Falsies. Both of the mascaras I picked up were from the Volume Express line because volume is my main focus for my lashes. This product not only promises volume but also added length to the ends. I definitely liked this formula better than the Mega Plush because the consistency was more on the dry side and the wand was sturdy. The volume didn't meet my expectations but the length was delivered as promised.


Overall, both mascaras were mediocre. For $6.99 it's not a terrible product, but for the time being, I will stick to L'Oreal's Volumnious False Fiber Lashes mascara. Have you tried any of the new Maybelline mascaras?

3 comments:

  1. I'm a loyal loreal million lashes girl myself! If I want to go really natural looking - I might do the old cover girl pink and green tube.

    Have a great week!


    Zahra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing with us. We really love mascara. Because mascara increase beauty of our eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mascara for eye's beauty. It can't be thought a single day without it. It's an simple way to get an outfit with using mascara. You can try some Fashionable Short White Dresses with mascara for a standard stylish outfit.

    ReplyDelete